I worked as a communications intern in the Spring Branch ISD Communications Dept. for two years, and later as a full-time reporter during the summer before I started college.
In my time there, I covered the district for the The School Zone news publication and regularly contributed student spotlight pieces to the Houston Chronicle education section. Covering a school district with more than 35,000 students, from the internal administration side, gave me an entirely different perspective on the Texas public education system.
The clips below are some of my favorite pieces from my time at SBISD:
- Memorial High School Collaborates with G.W. Carver Magnet on “Memphis, the Musical!”
- The Altharetta Yeagin Art Museum Gets A Makeover
- Stratford High Siblings Seek Success at Harvard and MIT
- Houston PREP Summer Program Prepares Students for STEM Careers
- Cornerstone Academy Students Pick Our Next President