I worked as a communications intern in the Spring Branch ISD Communications Dept. for two years, and later as a full-time reporter during the summer before I started college.
In my time there, I covered the district for the The School Zone news publication and regularly contributed student spotlight pieces to the Houston Chronicle education section. Covering a school district with more than 35,000 students, from the internal administration side, gave me an entirely different perspective on the Texas public education system. In the process, I also developed excellent public relation skills.
The clips below are some of my favorite pieces from my time at SBISD:
- Memorial High School Collaborates with G.W. Carver Magnet on “Memphis, the Musical!”
- The Altharetta Yeagin Art Museum Gets A Makeover
- Stratford High Siblings Seek Success at Harvard and MIT
- Houston PREP Summer Program Prepares Students for STEM Careers
- Cornerstone Academy Students Pick Our Next President