The following selected stories were written for The Victoria Advocate, a family-owned daily news paper that covers seven counties on the Middle Texas Coast.
- ‘This is killing us’: Jail death raises questions about medical care
- Red Flags: School districts face scrutiny for hiring teacher who had peace officer’s license revoked. He’s now accused of sexually assaulting student.
- ‘Rural Texas’ COVID plea: ‘What country are we in?’
- Infection control was already a problem in local nursing homes. Then a pandemic hit.
- Placedo water might finally meet arsenic standards, but will residents drink it?